What it is
Adalta's new Level 3 Trailblazer Apprenticeship Programme is a structured supervisory programme that develops the knowledge and transferable skills / behaviours that will enable candidates to develop first line management confidence and capability. This accredited programme is delivered over 12-24 months and combines a blend of on and off-the-job learning. It is designed to meet the new Level 3 Trailblazer Apprenticeship Standard for Team Leaders / Supervisors, written by employers for employers.
Who it is for
Team Leaders, supervisors or junior managers. Candidates are those in a first line management role, with operational responsibilities and a responsibility for managing a team to deliver a clearly defined outcome.
What they achieve
- The Level 3 Apprenticeship standard for Team Leader/Supervisor
- A Level 3 qualification in First Line Management
Benefits to Employers and Apprentices
It can be tough transitioning from being one of the team to being responsible for the team. Managing at the sharp end requires confidence and a practical grasp of what management is like in the real world. This programme helps supervisors to learn how to work ‘on’ the team rather than ‘in’ the team. How to take control. And how to get results through the team.
Adalta's Supervisory Apprenticeships have a number of benefits for employers and apprentices.
- Levy tax can be used to cover full programme costs (funding is available for non-Levy payers)
- Drives up performance and productivity over time
- A blend of on and off-the-job learning to ensure that theory is quickly translated into practical action to drive immediate business benefits
- 1:1 support from a highly qualified, dedicated coach/assessor with occupational management experience
- Qualified supervisors - Apprentices gain a full apprenticeship certificate and a Level 3 professional management qualification
Level 3 Trailblazer Management Apprenticeship Programme Overview
The aim of Adalta’s Level 3 Trailblazer Supervisory Programme is to enable apprentices to develop industry recognised supervisory knowledge, skills and behaviours that will enable them to achieve the standard and gain a professional management qualification.
The focus of the programme is on helping supervisors to really understand what good line management looks like in the context of their role. Adalta's Trailblazer Apprenticeship programme develops the core supervisory skills to enable apprentices to effectively manage team and individual performance and develop a deeper understanding of basic business management principles.
The programme is centred around the following core supervisory areas:
There are three key stages to the delivery of the apprenticeship programme as follows:
- Programme Delivery (on/off-the-job) - to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to meet the standard
- Gateway Assessment - to determine whether the apprentice is ready for final assessment
- End Point Assessment (EPA) - aims to test the entire apprenticeship and is the final synoptic assessment.
This programme will help apprentices to:
- Gain a greater awareness of how they come across as a supervisor and how they can further develop
- Learn what good line management looks like and benchmark where they are currently
- Become responsible and accountable for their actions
- Plan and manage work in a way that improves productivity
- Effectively manage performance (including tough conversations around under-performance)
- Manage others in a way that builds trust and develops morale
- Communicate assertively and challenge appropriately where required
- Present themselves with more confidence
- Gain greater awareness of basic business and operational management principles
- Learn how to initiate and manage small projects
- Gain an internationally recognised professional management qualification